Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Souvenirs de la France

Before I left for France, I promised to take lots of photos to share on My French Corner.

I don't have a good eye, and my camera is an ancient Kodak digital (I swear I get better photos with my iPhone!)  But a promise is a promise, so here goes.

I've been thinking how to do this and decided on a series--Souvenirs de la France--memories of my recent trip.  Like this view from my hotel balcony in Paris.  I loved being on the top floor with its birdseye view, here looking down Rue Chevert toward Avenue de la Motte-Picquet.

Isn't it interesting how images can take you back to the moment?

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love the geraniums, nice touch on the part of the hotel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so beautiful! I'm looking forward to your series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Without my camera, I wouldn't have got nearly as much out of my trip to Paris and southern France in May. At first I wasn't happy with my pics, but when we got to Arles, where a lot of Van Gough's pictures were on display, and someone pointed out how he always focused on people and color instead of buildings and such, I had one of those "Aha!" moments, and began training my camera on similar scenes. What a difference! Then to come back home, download the photos, post and write about them on my blog...well, it was almost as much fun as the trip itself, especially when I got feedback and questions about them! I think I shall be revisiting those posts time and time again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great photo. I like the pop of red and the lines of the railing that mimic the building.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your eye is just fine and it's a treat to see France through your eyes. : )

    ReplyDelete