Saturday, June 4, 2011

Week-end Simple: Make a salad

With so much to do on the inside of my house, the outside projects haven't really garnered much attention. Still, I managed to get some annuals planted in my small patio border garden, as well as some tomatoes, basil, and lettuce.

The lettuce must love its spot in the garden because I've been able to harvest five times since I planted. The crisp, tender leaves taste best sprinkled with a little fleur de sel and a whisper of vinaigrette. This evening I added a few tiny tomatoes, a perfect complement to the delicate leaves.

There is a special pleasure in eating food straight from the garden, something that you have planted and tended and harvested, n'est ce pas?

Bon week-end!

2 comments:

  1. This is exactly what we just had for dinner--a simple salad. Nothing came from a garden (instead, the organic store nearby), but it was so delicious. Lettuce, tofu, orange pepper, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, avocado. Yum, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good salad but I put a lot of stuff in mine, I like the mix of textures and flavors.

    ReplyDelete