Sunday, June 5, 2011

My French Closet: The reveal



Well, it's not one hundred percent finished, but enough so I can put my clothes away.  The built-ins are painted; what remains to be painted are the interior walls and the baseboard trim, but that's going to have to wait until school finishes in a few weeks.

I'm very happy with the result: the shelves on the right hold my sweaters (at this point, one on each shelf), the shelves on the left hold my camis, tissue tees, and my accessories, and the bottom two shelves are perfect for my four pair of shoes!

The hanging space in the center is more than enough for tops that hang--black on the top, gray and navy on the bottom.  What you can't see are my trousers, which are hanging to the left if you're standing inside the closet.  There's also a shelf on the very top that runs all the way around the closet, but I couldn't seem to get that in the photo.  You can click on the photo for a larger view.

I have a few more things to put away--my boots, my purse, and my suitcase--but it's great having all my clothes in one closet again!

9 comments:

  1. The result is stunning--and your wardrobe really stands out. I'm in awe of your capsule wardrobe; everything seems perfectly chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so fantastic my mouth is just sort of hanging open. Very chic, with plenty of room if you add in a few more sweaters (because boy does it get cold here in the east, but I've noticed every inside place is sweltering, making sweaters need to air out more in between wears). You did an amazing job with this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you get away with only 2pairs if zapatos?
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong because even Sofia has more than 4!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth, I was just thinking about you today! Yeah, I'm totally not into shoes, especially for school. One pair of Danskos does the trick! And the kids give me grief all the time: "Ms.M, are those the ONLY shoes you own?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. AA and Kalee, thanks for the compliments. It's more space than I'll ever use so maybe I need to go buy some clothes to fill it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A perfectly edited capsule wardrobe displayed artfully in a custom closet. So chic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your closet looks fabulous and is an inspiration! Kudos to you for only 4 pairs of shoes. I am not so disciplined- although working to simplify on a daily basis. Congratulations on a great home improvement project!

    ReplyDelete