Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My French Closet: The progress

Well, here's the progress so far (these projects always take longer than one expects, don't they?)  One set of built-ins has been installed in my closet, and so far, so good.  Of course, there's lots more to do--filling nail holes, sealing gaps, and of course, painting.

At the moment, it reminds me of the computer desk in my son's dorm room, but I'm confident that once it's trimmed and painted, I'll be pleased with the result.  I placed a few sweaters on the shelves, to test the width and depth, and my sweater collection will fit perfectly.

The carpenter returns tomorrow, and I'll keep you posted.

8 comments:

  1. Exciting! This is sort of a dream of mine, having a closet custom built. The beginnings look great. Bon chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A deep sigh for a well-organized closet with room for everything. I found your blog through Christina's soul aperture and I'm glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's going on with the closet? Have missed your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I can't wait to see. I can make labels if you need. :)

    ReplyDelete