Monday, May 16, 2011

My French Closet: The painting



Over the weekend, work continued on my closet redo.  This part--painting the shelves--was easy, but took most of the weekend because there is at least an hour drying time in between each coat of primer and paint.  The color is Benjamin Moore Architectural White; I chose a satin finish rather than a semi-gloss.

I've also selected a paint color for the closet interior and the bedroom;  "Edgecomb Gray," one of the Benjamin Moore Historic House Colors.  More taupe than gray, it's a perfect neutral that will complement the white baseboards and trim.

I'm hoping the project will finish this week, and will post pics as the project moves forward.

10 comments:

  1. The satin finish is nice. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like a nice white, satin finish that pops against a good taupe wall. My previous home was painted in Benjamin Moore's Huntington Beige, half strength. Some people think taupe walls and white moldings are boring, but I think it's classic. Your dark clothing is going to really make your armoire look high-end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with Rebekah's comment. Your closet is going to look like your own personal high end boutique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a beautiful elegant closet that will let the contents shine! Can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been using statin a lot on the furniture I've been painting- but I love Beher paint + primer. I'm just impressed you aren't painting gray or black ;) I just googled the color- I like it but cooler than you normally like. More my style.

    ReplyDelete