Monday, May 30, 2011

My French Closet: After


 Well, it's not completely finished, but it's almost there.  The carpenter is coming back later this week to complete the finish work, and after that the closet will be ready for painting.  At the moment, it's hard for me to imagine the finished product, but I know in a week's time, it should be ready for the reveal.

In case your wondering, I have tested out the various shelves--there's different depths and different spacing--and they're going to work out well.  So, even though it's been more than three weeks in the making, all good things are worth waiting for, n'est-ce pas?

10 comments:

  1. Looks like an organizational dream! I'm getting a new closet, too. We are in the middle of a whole house renovation with a new bedroom, bath and closet. I love shelves that are versatile in height. I'm going to wallpaper part of the closet so it will have that elegant look and still be functional. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks perfect! I really do think I might use your plans (modified for our small walk in) because I love the idea of so many shelves. Can't wait to see the reveal of the final finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you - I'd love to have a carpenter in my closet ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks amazing. You are going to enjoy this so much. I can't wait to see it with all of your things in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great. I didn't realize you had more folded than hanging items. What about shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm curious if the majority of your wardrobe is folded knits or if there is another reason you have more shelves than hanging space. It appears more functional, but I'd love to know your thought process in the design of your closet.

    ReplyDelete