Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Moving forward

If you been reading My French Corner for a while, you might remember that back in November I moved to a new house.  The move happened a few days before Thanksgiving and I had just enough time to move in, place the furniture, and prepare to entertain for the holidays.  Since then I've been in conversation with an architect, a contractor, and a landscaper in preparation for some major interior and exterior changes.  

Not wanting My French Corner to turn into a home renovation blog, I've refrained from posting about the house plans.  As always, I wanted to stay on message, to retain the original intent of my blog.

But as I continue to engage in conversations with the architect and the contractor, I realize that my choices are driven by the same aesthetic that drives my blog:  less is more, simple is better.  To that end, I thought it might be fun to share my projects and the thinking behind them.  So later this week I'll share my first major renovation project:  my closet.

3 comments:

  1. This is great news! I'm excited to hear what you have in store. I'm soon to move and I know that learning your plans will be great inspiration!

    I put a card in the mail to you . . . oxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm practically salivating :)

    Looking forward to reading all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are in the midst of deciding whether or not to go ahead with an addition to our old farmhouse; a farmhouse which was built simply due to its utilitarian function and undoubtedly limited budget for its time. So I welcome any food for thought on keeping the addition simple while still providing extra storage (badly needed!) yet still look aesthetically pleasing and true to its original design. In some ways, a burdensome task!

    ReplyDelete