Monday, April 11, 2011

Parisian Chic

Like many of you, I've been thumbing my just-released-newly-purchased copy of Ines de la Fressange's Parisian Chic.  What fun!  Part style guide, part travel book, part personal shopper, there's a little something in this book for everyone.

What I love most about the book is that it doesn't take itself too seriously, which is perfect for someone like me, who does.  Who wants to wear all-Hermes-all-the-time (and who can afford to?)  Much more fun is pairing classic Vivier's with a pair of GAP jeans, right?

de la Fressange gives her blessing for mixing high and low end pieces, vintage with contemporary, as well as men's and women's clothing.  For me, who rarely steps outside my uniform navy-gray-black-denim, this book is encouragement to be a little more adventurous in with my style.

Whether you buy it, borrow it, or browse it at the bookstore, this little book is worth the time.

20 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you found it as informative and useful as I do. I think it a treasure trove of good addresses and words of stylish wisdom! There are also (of course) things I disagree with--but that's how it's supposed to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AA, it's a fun read, and her illustrations are a hoot. It will be one of those books that, every time I look through it, I find something new. Perfect springtime boost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got my copy on Saturday. Makes me want to go back to Paris if for no other reason than to find that hidden restroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, me too!! In fact, I am going to Paris and I WILL find it and report back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must borrow this book and see what you speak of with a mystery bathroom.Sounds hysterical!ck

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just ordered my copy from Barnes and Noble...I can't wait for it to get here! J'adore Ines de la Fressange!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cin, I'll try to remember to bring it to work!

    Beth, you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't forget white- you have a great white shirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got my copy and I can't wait to start it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really do need to pick up a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a copy but am waiting until I am not so rushed to sit and read / enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My copy is in transit from Oregon; I hope it is here before I leave for my Easter trip.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hadn't actually seen the cover of the book until I saw your post. Of course it would have to look so adorable, just as I'm sure the contents are a wonderful read. Isn't Inès the quintessential Frenchwoman in all the best senses?
    Have a good weekend,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love the line drawings in it, but some of the photography is ... odd. Just not up to par, I'm afraid.

    Wish I had a trip to Paris in the offing so I could put her shopping recommendations to work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. There's certainly a lot to know about this subject. I really like all the points you've made.


    Here is my homepage; tibet travel agents

    ReplyDelete
  16. Greetings, I do think your website may be having browser compatibility problems.

    When I look at your website in Safari, it looks fine however
    when opening in Internet Explorer, it's got some overlapping issues. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Besides that, fantastic website!

    Here is my website ... groups to travel with

    ReplyDelete