Saturday, February 19, 2011

Week-end Simple: Read a book

I'm fortunate to have a three day weekend ahead of me, and for once I have no commitments, no report cards due, no house guests, no plans. This weekend, I'm going to get caught up on my reading.

I read a lot and often, but during the school year it's mostly kid lit or books about how to be a better teacher.  But this weekend I've decided to treat myself and read a few of those books that are in my 'must read' stack.  A treat, indeed.

Bon week-end!

11 comments:

  1. Funny--that's what I'm thinking, too, although only because my partner is going away for a few days, giving me some nights alone. I just got a couple of biographies from the bookstore with this in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading something you really want to read is one of life's little luxuries. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So ... what are you going to read???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cozy weekends of reading. I'm giving my long weekend to crafting and decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're making a concerted effort at home to turn off the television after the early evening news. We fill the winter evening hours with reading. As a result, I end up reading 3-4 "big" books each month. I've enjoyed having the time to concentrate on important works of literature versus airplane novels.

    There's nothing so indulgent as a big mug of tea, a good book, and a snuggly blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just curious about your book selection...

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete