Saturday, February 12, 2011

Week-end Simple: Make a valentine

Monday is Valentine's Day, and while I'm not one for celebrating Hallmark holidays, I think Valentine's Day can be an occasion to express affection for anyone close.

When my son was young I always enjoyed making tiny valentines with him--cutting and gluing bits of paper, using oil pastels--that I would put in his lunch box or under his pillow.  In turn, he would make valentines for his father and for me.  This always made the day more about the expression of love than the buying of a card or gift.

Even if you don't have small children, there is something special about making a small valentine for someone you care about. 

Bon week-end!

5 comments:

  1. I agree - and I am so cheap I have not intentions of giving Hallmark a penny! I have taken a photo and used black photo squares to mount it on nice parchment. Then I choose a classic love song and write the lyrics underneath. I believe my Valentine has saved every one of them.

    Happy Valentines Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge v-day celebrate-er, sometimes I decorate though. I bet your make very pretty valentines. I do like to give little thoughtful gifts though, things that make me think of the person but they wouldn't buy themselves. Etsy is perfect for this. I just finished cookies for school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very straightforward to find out any matter
    on net as compared to textbooks, as I found this paragraph at this web site.


    Have a look at my website ... Independent Massage Central London (Wiki.brwzl.nl)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The company did gain greater insight into their work. In addition to this, other training programs such as behavioral training,
    vocational training, training in social etiquette and manners, spirit of hospitality programs and specialized training in knowledge and skills including
    serving, grooming, polite and friendly behavior, taking
    orders are also provided which are required in hospitality
    industry. Mama and Pappa, as they are known from their frequent
    presence at fairs and festivals around the country, are regular,
    hard working, middle class family with a daughter creating a business out of social changes and opportunity.


    Review my web blog - internet maketing online forums

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forty-seven % used it to make a buying checklist and 21 percent
    used it for comparison buying. Rural buyers traveled six to fifteen miles for a superb
    deal, essentially the most of any group.

    Stop by my page; thoi trang nu

    ReplyDelete