Monday, February 14, 2011

Simply Breakfast

It's a few minutes after 5:00 a.m.  Shortly, I'll be heading out the door to get an early start to a very busy week.

Breakfast this morning?  Ah, it's too early for me; I'll take some yogurt and jam to eat later in the morning, a breakfast inspired by Jennifer Causey on her blog, Simply Breakfast.

Brooklyn photographer Jennifer Causey has been blogging for years, cataloging daily breakfasts in her gorgeous photographs.  Her spare but lush photos have an almost European aesthetic, and remind us that there is great beauty in the ordinary and everyday.

Love the photographs on Jennifer's blog?  Then you might want to check out the companion books, Simply Breakfast, The Art of Breakfast and Simply Breakfast, More Please.

I hope to post more about Jennifer later this week, but now I've got to run!  Bon lundi!

8 comments:

  1. Wow. Wow at the food, wow at the photos.

    Sure makes my daily green smoothie poured into a mason jar to take to work look even more unappetizing than it already was!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5:00 AM? ugh. You know I'm much more likely to go to bed at that time, than wake up then. I have the same breakfast each weekday morning- oj, dry chocolate shredded wheat and banana, all in the car while driving to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This photo actually made my mouth water...the jam looks amazing! It is 10PM and I am ready for toast and preserves - that can't be good...

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep, breakfast is an art. I have a friend who told me it's a religion. Good idea to make pictures of it :)

    ReplyDelete