Wednesday, February 2, 2011

French Twist

Nothing like spring fashions to give us something to look forward to, n'est-ce pas?  Even if your not looking to buy, you have to check out Talbots Spring Look Book and online catalog.  The ad campaign for spring?  French Twist!

Back in May I posted about Talbots Fall 2010 collection, their changing demographic and their new, hip appeal.  This Spring 2011 collection will not disappoint; the looks are fresh without being trendy and classic without being stuffy.

Inspired by old-school (think 1950s) Paris but tailored for a modern aesthetic, the sheath dresses are classic and the skirts are elegant yet playful, with names like "Tres Jolie" and "Champs-Élysées."

Alas, I'm not a dress or skirt gal, but I could definitely see myself in a pair of these slim ankle trousers with that pair of four inch black Stuart Weitzman heels that are hanging out in my closet!

9 comments:

  1. Are those the shoes with the "wood" heel? I always thought of Talbots as "old lady" (sorry) but maybe I should reconsider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! They are the black leather with the four inch tortoise shell heels--good memory Leigh!

    Talbots has completely revamped as of Fall 2010--gorgeous stuff. You should check it out. And don't worry, I didn't take that old lady reference personally :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've loved the new look books that Talbot's has come out with the last 2 seasons as well. However, I wish they would get the same team to do their in-store merchandising. The stores (at least the ones in this area) still seem to cater to the "little old lady in matching separates and sensible shoes" demographic. When I go in Talbot's, I'm usually the youngest person (at 50!) in the store, and I feel out of place. I like to think I can still rock a little style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the link. Long ago, I would buy Talbots because they were one of the few stores that offered petite sizes but then gave up on them because their clothes were so boring. I very much like the latest direction they are taking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talbot's is amazing and I find the clothes to be classic and well-made. I am absolutely a skirt person and am excited to see the direction they are taking this season. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete