Monday, February 28, 2011

Foley + Corinna: Is this my bag?

Anyone who's known me for a while is familiar with my handbag saga.  I am not a purse person; I have always found purses to be more accessory than I want.  Need to stash my stuff?  That's what pockets are for.

It's not that I don't lust after purses--I do!  Over the years I've purchased many purses, always thinking I've found the right one, but then end up returning them.  An expensive handbag is a commitment and I want to make sure I the right one, n'est-ce pas?  I've tried bags from Longchamp, Sequoia, Junior Drake, Marc Jacobs, Furla, but none have ever found a permanent home in my closet.

Then I spied this Foley + Corinna Mid-City Tote.  I like the simplicity, the short drop handle, the versatility--can be carried on the arm, worn cross body, or even carried as a large clutch.  It is unfussy and straightforward, unlikely to go out of style.  The price tag is obscene, but, it would probably be the last handbag I buy for a very long time.

Thoughts?

18 comments:

  1. i have this bag in the light gold color and use it in the summer! I like it a lot but it's a bit like a big empty black hole on the inside and I definitely had to get use to fish around for stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie,
    Ah, thanks for this. Other than the black hole effect, do you like the bag? Pros?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's rare when you find a bag that fits your needs and style. It sounds like you really do like it. I like how it converts into a large clutch. Maybe a purse organizer inserted inside would help lessen the effects of the black hole Leslie mentioned. I can see her point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too was going to recommend a purse organizer! I think this is a chic bag, and I've now added it to my list of lusts. I love how it could pair well for day or night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've looked at this design repeatedly over the past few months (been on the hunt for a couple of new bags). Ultimately I like bags that are more structured, but that "black hole effect" that Leslie mentions is sometimes perfect! I tend to carry around a lot of stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A, I like it. I like how it is a convertible and how it can be worn as a crossover bag as well. Would you do black or brown? I think the chocolate is on sale at zappos ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's beautiful leather. I like the mail bag cross-over effect. It feels contemporary and a little sophisticated but casual at the same time. I went back and forth between the black and gold so would definitely recommend buying it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi first time commenter here. I first saw this bag on the blog Cupcakes and Cashmere - Emily has it in a gorgeous caramel colour, but the black is nice too. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've wanted a Foley + Corinna for YEARS. I think it's a good buy, it's a really versatile bag and will last you for years to come :)

    xoxoxox
    thevixenmix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really wish there was a sarcastic font ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im having a Foley + Corinna giveaway on my blog :)
    http://www.theundomesticmomma.com/2011/03/foley-corinna-designer-handbag-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. did you buy it at the end?
    I'm thinking about it as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just posted below you- get one on eBay!

      Delete
  13. You can always buy one cheaper on eBay! I did and love it ;-)

    ReplyDelete