Friday, January 28, 2011

Week-end Simple: Drink chocolat chaud

Inspired by our first big snow of the year, these past two days I've been drinking sinful amounts of chocolat chaud.

I've had two snow days from school, and it's been satisfying being home, enjoying the snow, and indulging in late morning cups of rich hot chocolate. 

I don't have a favorite chocolate, though many swear by the French Valrhona.  But, I think any quality chocolate with a high percent of cocoa solids will do.  I also like to sprinkle a little salt on my chocolat chaud--strange, I know--but I enjoy the combined sweet and salty flavors.

So whether it's snowing in your world or not, wouldn't it be nice to enjoy a cup of deep, rich chocolat chaud this weekend?

Bon week-end!

9 comments:

  1. I would love a cup of proper chocolat chaud this weekend, it's going to be chilly and gray here. I'll have to take my anti-acid medications before but I'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been having nightly cups of hot chocolate. I've been given many fancy, expensive types but I still prefer swiss miss. My current starbucks fave is salted caramel hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Add a red chili pepper and that would be my perfect drink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget the whipped cream! Yum! ck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chocolat chaud just isn't the same over here, is it? I still remember my first sip of "real" Parisian hot chocolate at Laduree -- I had no idea it could be like that. I needed to take a moment to compose myself. I've tried many, many brands over here, but could never quite recreate the experience. My sister sent me some sipping chocolate from Trader Joe's as part of my Christmas care package. Haven't had a chance to break into yet, but I love everything else from them. But then again, I guess I could always use a convenient excuse to go to Paris, n'est ce pas?

    ReplyDelete