Monday, January 17, 2011

Métaphore

If you follow My French Corner, you know my love of kitchen textiles. I'm delighted by the way color and texture can combine to create utilitarian items, like dishtowels, that can be as beautiful as more expensive, decorative textiles.

I love patterned kitchen textiles and have a special love for those made in France; European designers see the opportunity to make something simple, like a dishtowel, into a thing of beauty, n'est-ce pas?

Which is why I was excited to discover Métaphore, a shop that carries European linens.  Located near Yale on New Haven's Chapel Street, Métaphore carries several lines of kitchen textiles, including Libeco and my personal favorite, Moutet.  You can also shop Métaphore online by visiting their website.

Bon lundi!

No comments:

Post a Comment