Friday, January 7, 2011

French Finds on Etsy: Vintage grain sacks

Since moving in to my new house I've purchased a few things--my Staub braiser, my Pullyviyt dishes, and a vintage grain sack from Simply French Vintage on Etsy.

Simply French Vintage is owned by David and Jane, a couple from the UK who live in France.  They have a number of these grain sacks available for sale in their Etsy shop, as well as other vintage French items.

This sack that I purchased is from the 1960s; there are a couple of tiny mends which add to its charm and authenticity.  And it's large--27 inches wide, 48 inches long. 

I've seen these grain sacks made into throw rugs, or into pillows; my current plan is to have it stretched and framed under glass and hang it in my kitchen after my renovation on a tall, narrow that will lead into the kitchen from the dining room.  But if you have an idea, I'd love to hear it!

10 comments:

  1. I love the idea of framing the grain sack. It's going to look great. I use these everywhere. As pillows, a bath rug and draped over the arms of each side of my sofa. If I had a narrow enough window, I would use it as a curtain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think framing it will be beautiful. And can I ask how you are liking your Pillyvuyt dishes? I've been debating between Revol, Apilco and Pillyvuyt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph, thanks for the comment. I think I actually got the etsy link from you, non? When you bought your grainsacks?

    Kalee, I really like my Pillyvuyt dishes--I have the Sancerre pattern. The only reason I didn't buy Apilco was because I liked the Pillyvuyt cup and saucer more. Stephanie has the Apilco and I think she's very happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you decide to go the pillow route you know who to call....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your arms have to present the power demanded to beat gravity, harmony the weight and
    force it to curl upward or lengthen outward.

    My web blog :: http://www.getfitnstrong.com/bowflex-dumbbells/3-reasons-bowflex-selecttech-552-dumbbells/

    ReplyDelete
  6. As an alternative of working with bulky stack equipment, they include durability and resistance to their x-based shape program that deliver end users
    some resistance to their training.

    Stop by my blog post ... Skip Navigation

    ReplyDelete
  7. In general, the Bowflex Blaze can be an fantastic household health and fitness center for
    newbies.

    Feel free to surf to my page :: source

    ReplyDelete
  8. Performing flys on the flooring is nice mainly because it
    boundaries your motion and stops you from bringing your arms also considerably down.


    Here is my web site: mouse click the next document

    ReplyDelete
  9. Obviously you do not want some thing also light that you can grow outside of in a very month, and to the
    flip-side you don't choose to overpay for any ton of bodyweight which you don't need.



    my homepage: bowflex dumbbells

    ReplyDelete
  10. Make sure the cords are devoid of wear and tear.

    Here is my web-site - please click the following internet site

    ReplyDelete