Friday, December 10, 2010

Week-end Simple: Make breakfast

Blustery winds, snow, cold mornings.  There's no denying that for many of us, the cold weather has arrived, and this weekend wouldn't it be so nice to stay between the warm sheets a little longer, and wake-up to a real breakfast?

Since I've moved, I'm leaving earlier in the mornings, and at 5:30 am, I'm not ready for anything more than a coffee.  I'll take some cheese and bread  or dried apricots and almonds with me, to have a little later in the morning, but, I really miss my morning breakfast ritual.

So this weekend I plan to enjoy my favorites--tartine, raspberry jam, fresh juice, and lots of coffee with milk.

What's your favorite weekend breakfast?

Bon week-end!

5 comments:

  1. My favorite breakfast is what we call "dipping eggs" but are know as "eggs and soldiers" in the U.K. or "Oeufs à la coque" in France.

    http://roxanne-rr.blogspot.com/2008/10/sometimes-simple-things-are-best.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eye on a bagel is my all time favorite. It's an egg over easy in the center of a bagel. My mom makes it so perfect. When I visit her she knows that I am most certainly going to ask for it for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cooking breakfast on the weekends. Waffles are my favorite or "egg mc'buckes" which are basically a scrambled egg sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For myself it would be crumpets with cream cheese and smoked salmon and a hot pot of tea or homemade orange zest french toast with mimosas or cafe au lait with pain aux raisins. Depends what mood I'm in. I think breakfast should be a leisurely time (well, all meals really), but that so rarely happens during the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cafe au lait, great bread with real butter and apricot preserves. Sometimes Eggs and Soldiers.
    Served up with the newspaper and sun streaming in the window.

    ReplyDelete