Saturday, October 2, 2010

French Week at The Kitchn

It was French Week at The Kitchn, and they celebrated with dozens of posts about everything we love about le cuisine and la cuisine.

You'll go shopping along Rue Montorgueil and tour Paule Caillat's Paris kitchen.  You'll discover Caillat's three cheese soufflé, Julia's beef bourguignon, and Clotilde Dusoulier's mini financiers.  And you'll learn how to make a Provençal mac and cheese, ouefs en meurette, and authentic French onion soup.

You'll find posts on Basque cooking, cooking from Alsace-Lorraine, and why the best French butter is found in Normandy.  There are posts on tartes, tartiflettes, and terrines.  My favorites are the posts on where to buy French-inspired kitchen linens, the French kitchen tours, and the classic Mouli Grater.  And Stephanie, the post on using Le Creuset pots as kitchen art made me think of you!

Seriously, if you enjoy French kitchens and cooking, you'll love every one of the posts.  They will make you want to get out your Staub Coquette and cook a cassoulet!

If you visit, I'd love to hear about your favorite posts.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for alerting me to this. I'm off to bookmark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. I love all the colors of Le Creuset, I don't think I have the discipline to stick to one color though.

    ReplyDelete