Friday, July 16, 2010

Week-end Simple: Have lunch with a friend

Yesterday, I invited my friend over for lunch. For me, lunch is usually a solo affair, so having someone join me was delightful. I prepared the meal as thoughtfully as I would have prepared a special dinner, and served it in courses--a dressed salad of mâche and fresh tomatoes sprinkled with fleur de sel, chicken salad with grapes and pecans, and fresh raspberries for dessert.

An unhurried lunch with a friend is so civilized, so European, so French, n'est ce pas? Sitting with Leigh on the patio yesterday afternoon, I was reminded of summers in France and the leisurely lunches I share with my sister, talking, laughing, sipping, catching up on each other's lives.

I encourage you to do the same: have lunch with a friend. Whether it's at home or a cafè, leave time enough to linger, to savor the moment, to celebrate friendship.

Bon week-end!

8 comments:

  1. I had a lovely time! Thanks so much. And the food was terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an absolute delight. Makes you want to do it more often, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I just realized Leigh lives close by (the D.C. area) so you must too! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are, so maybe we should invite you to lunch one day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds delightful and fun. The menu alone is making my mouth water. You fix chicken salad just the way I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, taking time to enjoy a simple lunch at home with friends is special. I'm so pleased you enjoyed it.
    Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds delightful. Especially now the produce at the farmer's market is getting so good! It's fun to shop at the market, make up a menu on the fly and then share the results with a friend or two. Summer eating at its finest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. GSniper was releaѕedіn 2008and has neveг been outdated,
    It has always bear on it’s assurance to get you’re online
    Marketing sales through the roof. Google
    Sniper is a product that has helped lots of people.

    The Google Sniper system emphasizes on Automatiоn and the way
    in whіch is by creating web sites tɦat maҟe affiliate gross sales on autopilot.


    Feel free to surf to my web blog - volver con ella pdf (http://volverconellapdfsite.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete