Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Rue du vy élevé kitchen

If any kitchen goes against my stereotypical French kitchen, this would be the one. The house, a former boathouse, is located in Annecy le Vieux near Petit Port, just two blocks from Lake Annecy.

What I love about this kitchen is living, dining, and kitchen are one big room, which makes for lots of great gathering for family and friends. And while you can't tell from the photo, this kitchen also opens directly onto a small deck and backyard.

Several elements make this kitchen unique--no wall cabinets, poured concrete countertop, and, everything from bread to dishes is stored in drawers. But, I don't know that these choices make the kitchen uniquely French. What I do know is with its streamlined efficiency and polished concrete floor, this kitchen was fabulous to cook in and a cinch to clean!

Next post: Veyrier kitchen

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't immediately have thought "French." I would have more likely thought "NYC loft." But I can see how it would be easy to clean, and making tasks easier is very chic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is a loft house--good eye!

    ReplyDelete