Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Paris map

Several weeks ago I was preparing to teach a bookmaking workshop for a group of students, so I went into Georgetown and found my way to Paper-Source. There I could find papers in a variety of prints and colors that I knew my students would love for the covers of their handmade books.

If you've ever had the opportunity to visit a Paper-Source store, you'll know that it's not easy selecting paper--there are so many choices. And while looking through the individual sheets I found one sheet that I couldn't resist; a vintage map of Paris. You can click on the pic for larger image.

The map is perfectly reproduced by Cavallini in shades of cream and pale pink and green, with the sky blue Seine running through it. At $3.95, I bought one for myself and one for a friend. The map measures 20 x 28, and will look lovely framed, which is exactly what I plan to do.

C'est si bon!

6 comments:

  1. What a nice idea and a great gift. Lovely. Glad you are back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, I need to get one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun find! I love their papers, I'm thinking of using some to line shelves with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have something very similar to this framed in my office. Picked it up at the Porte de Vanves flea market about two years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oui, that is good! Love it. I wrote about searching for a Paris map - you might like the one I found. It's heavier and has a slight plastic coating to it (varnish) which makes it a great book cover, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a little pin cushion board that is the map of paris, all lovely and pink kind of like this one! I love it so much! Cute blog by the way!

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete