Friday, May 7, 2010

Week-end Simple: Invite friends for dinner

When was the last time you invited a few friends over for dinner? I don't mean a full-six-course-spend-all-day-cooking dinner party. I mean a small come-as-you-are-and-bring-a-bottle-of-wine gathering.

The weekend is a time when we can be spontaneous; more time to spend, less need to plan, n'est-ce pas? Roasting a chicken for dinner? Add some small potatoes and carrots to the mix and you could have a simple dinner for four. Maybe your planning on making pasta for dinner? Easy enough to make another box and have a simple dinner for six. Don't have dessert? Vanilla ice cream sprinkled with some finely ground coffee and a splash of scotch will have your guests oohing and ahhing.

You probably have all you need in your pantry and fridge, so call a few friends, set a pretty table, open a bottle (or two) of wine, and enjoy. Très français.

Bon week-end!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite dinners that my daughter makes is roasted chicken with beets, carrots onions and sweet potatoes. I adore eating other peoples cooking. I would have never thought to put vanilla ice cream together with scotch...brilliant!

    ReplyDelete