Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Not French . . . but it could be

Although I love clothes, I hate shopping, and I don't do it very often. More accurately, I hate going shopping, so my favorite places to shop are online: I love the ease of shopping online, and the fact that I can drink a glass of wine while I'm shopping!

Recently, I've been trying to replace a black tailored cotton shirt and someone suggested I shop Talbots. Wow, was I surprised when I visited their site: Talbots had a makeover!

After looking at the clothes, I started exploring the site and discovered their Fall 2010 Look Book. Wow again. Beautifully styled and photographed, the look book feels like a mature-but-still-hip J.Crew--skinny jeans, red pumps, statement necklaces. Très chic.

If you have a chance to look at it, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, no kidding. I'm pushing 50 (well to be accurate, it's pushing me) and until I saw this I felt like I was still too young to shop at Talbots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tres chic indeed.i share your love for online shoping.could you post any of ypur favorite sites?thanks.efi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love Talbots! I actually used to dislike it a lot and felt that the clothes were matronly and poor quality but these days not only are their clothes fresh and stylish, the quality seems to have improved (unlike many of me previous favorite stores where they seem to be declining in quality).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The outfit on page 28--the cropped leather jacket and animal print skirt, the tights, the shoes--I love it. It is so me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, Talbots has changed for the better. I particularly like how their stores are organized. It's easy to shop there because you can see everything. and I really like the retro flair the clothes have plus their scarves are really nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Talbots huh? Never really thought of it. I'm busy dress searching for a wedding next weekend. I hate clothes shopping period, but really hate doing it online because returning (or god forbid) exchanging is such a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a friend named Kate and she "turned me on" to Talbots. We drive to one of their shops nearby on a Sunday and then have lunch after shopping. It's our thing! We go when she has a percentage-off card that they send her - and they usually send her a second one for a friend or if she has two, she gives me one (she has a Talbot's credit card, and that's why she gets the special offers). I've only bought a pair of spring capri pants (in a sumptuous cotton, very well-made) and two tops/blouses - chemises. : ) But I'd love to buy more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad we could "Wow" you! You're not alone in [previously]thinking Talbots was maybe not for you. Did you see these videos when you were exploring the blog? http://redchairconfessions.com/video/forgive-me-father/

    ReplyDelete