Monday, April 19, 2010

Which way to go?

Currently at my house, we're all trying to figure out which direction to go.

Since being accepted at several schools, my son is now deciding where he wants to go to college. My sister is trying to decide whether to come to the US this summer; it would be the first visit for Maxime and Jules, and we would all get to spend time together before my son heads off to college.

And moi? In addition to making decisions about buying and selling a house, I am trying to imagine what life will be like without my son's math homework spread across the dining room table, without pizza boxes on his bedroom floor, and without his Chopin piano concertos filling the house.

Perhaps it's time to think about an extended stay in France . . .

7 comments:

  1. Please do so we can live vicariously through you ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, wow.. (Sympathetic)Sigh. I can relate. Such mixed feelings about comings and goings. Good luck with your decision making.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the year that my brother left for college, and I was already there. My parents were officially empty nesters and it was both a joyous and a sad day. It was very hard for her at first, but after awhile she discovered new hobbies and such that she hadn't even thought about before. I know whatever happens you will do a good job of keeping yourself hapy and busy. France wouldn't be a bad idea, either.

    Also, I left you something on my blog. So, please stop by and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's make a pinky promise that we don't leave each other until the other is ready to leave, please! Next year is going to be an emotional roller coaster. I remember from when my sister when off to college and we watched my mom. I'll be by your side each day! I can't wait for you to have no place to be right from work so we can do more after school activities! cz

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is going to a busy, emotion packed 6 months. You've done a lot to prepare though. Although I don't always remember to do this, do as I say not as I do. I always feel better focusing on the positive outcomes. I try to find 3 for each situation. It might take some creative thinking-like a son in college: 1. new places to visit, 2.no pick up= less time in the car, 3. less laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! An extended stay in France doesn't kill anyone!

    ReplyDelete