Friday, April 9, 2010

Week-end Simple: Sit in a café

I had planned on something outdoors for my weekend post, but the weather isn't cooperating. Instead, I decided to post about something I enjoy on a rainy day: sitting in a café.

This weekend I'll put on my French trench, toss a scarf around my neck, put a book or newspaper in my handbag, and wander over to my favorite neigborhood place, Café Parisien. Seriously, I am not kidding. Café Parisien. It's a wonderful little place in my neighborhood that has an authentic French menu, all the current French magazines, and ambience.

I'll order a coffee, find a table by the window, and settle in for a hour or so, sipping my coffee, reading my book, and pretending I'm sitting in a Paris café on a rainy day. I'll delight in the time I've carved out for myself, doing something I enjoy.

This weekend, wherever you are, whether the sun is shining or the rain is falling, take time to do something that gives you pleasure, something that you enjoy. It could be as simple as sitting in a café.

Bon week-end!

6 comments:

  1. I love hanging out in coffee shops. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a cafe in San Francisco like that, sometimes I really feel like I am in Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something about lingering with un café... it does transport you back to Paris...

    Bon weekend.
    Angela
    Parisienne Farmgirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. "sitting in a Paris café " lovely~!!
    i want a espresso with la parruche sugar :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is my favorite post of all time. I love cafes, and I especially love taking time out for myself. It's so important to do the things you love to do. Enjoy! cz

    ReplyDelete