Saturday, April 17, 2010

Week-end Simple: Eat a baguette with jam

Oh, the joy of the weekend. There's time to catch up on all those tasks we weren't able to get to during la semaine.

And hopefully, you also take time to do something that you enjoy. Maybe you'll visit the farmers market, or the flea market. Perhaps you'll spend an afternoon in the park, or spend an evening with friends. What do you enjoy doing on le week-end that you can't do during the week?

One thing I enjoy is my French breakfast--a fresh baguette with butter and jam. Yes, I buy a baguette every day for dinner, but I during the week I never get to enjoy fresh bread at breakfast. So on the weekend, it's a treat to make a bakery run in the early morning, and come home to enjoy a fresh baguette with butter and jam.

What do you enjoy doing on le week-end?

7 comments:

  1. I enjoy going to lunch with friends, sleeping in (which means 8a.m instead of 4:30a.m),spending time with my family and cleaning...did I say cleaning? Ah yes, it's a luxury to spend time cleaning,l.o.l.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks divine :) Butter+Jam..best toppings!
    I enjoy RELAXATION. Sipping tea and reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parking my bottom on the couch and kicking my feet up...hmmm...I look forward to September to do that once again! Right now my weekends are go, go, go...all happy and wonderful occassions, but the joy of doing nothing is going to be so great come September! cz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was able to brunch and shopping in Eastern Market with friends today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to relax on the weekends - but my neighbor never stops working the yard. Back and forth he goes - he has no peace! I enjoy reading, walking, knitting, seeing friends, and making a nice breakfast for myself on Sunday that also includes a baquette...

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love baguette with just a dab of butter...marvelous...the best thing you can find in France

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read this paragraph completely on the topic of the resemblance of most recent and previous
    technologies, it's awesome article.

    Feel free to visit my homepage :: chinese interpreter business

    ReplyDelete