Monday, April 12, 2010

Joie de Vivre

I know many of you are familiar with Robert Arbor's Joie de Vivre, so you don't need an introduction. But a recent email reminded me that there are some readers who aren't familiar with it.

More than any other book, Joie de Vivre captures everything I appreciate about the French. Described as a "sort of a self-help book for people who admire the French lifestyle," this book is filled with suggestions to help you move toward a simpler, French-inspired way of life. I have to say that Joie de Vivre was an inspiration for My French Corner, and Arbor's advice continues to inspire many of my posts.

So, if you haven't read Joie de Vivre, you're in for a treat, and, if you have read the book, perhaps you'll want to read it again, to be reminded and renewed.

5 comments:

  1. I agree, I do think this site has the same feeling as that book...especially since you aded the "weekend simple" series. Love it, and I think I will re-read this lovely book. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic book. I should pull this off the shelf for a good browse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so weird --- I just pulled this off my shelf and was reading it this week!!!

    Love this book too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to say thank you for the time and effort you put into your blog. I love your ideas and inspirations.

    I was recently provided a "Sunshine Award" which I wanted to pass along to you as a thank you for all the beauty you bring to all of your readers. It isn't much, but it is a small symbol of my appreciation. Thank you for continuing to share your ideas for living the French lifestyle in an American world.

    [http://pinktea-cj.blogspot.com/]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting this. I don't recall having heard of the book. It looks like a great read.

    ReplyDelete