Monday, April 5, 2010

French Stripes Fabric Collection

It seems we all love vintage French linens, grain sacks, and dish towels, but those textiles are rare finds and often come with a hefty price tag.

When I wanted to recover my vintage dining room chairs in grain sack fabric, I just couldn't bring myself to cut into vintage whole cloth pieces I had collected; they are too precious. So it was true serendipity that I discovered the French Stripes Fabric Collection at Calico Corners.

These beautiful fabrics have a true homespun look, and a natural background with stripes available in four different colors --beige, black, blue, and the familiar French red. These fabrics are sturdy 100% cotton and are ideal for chairs, sofas or pillows. The price per yard won't break the bank, so you can get the French laundry look for a fraction of what you'd pay for vintage piece goods.

3 comments: