Saturday, March 20, 2010

New series: Week-end Simple

It's been a hectic week, and I am so thankful for the weekend that will allow me to get caught up and return to my daily routines.

Part of my busy-ness has been reflecting on my blog, thinking of ways to return to my original idea. Several readers commented and many emailed me; I appreciated hearing what you like to find when you visit My French Corner. In reading your comments and emails, I discovered a recurring thread: simple, simplifying, simplicity.

We like it simple, n'est-ce pas? If we can do one simple thing every day to make life a little lovelier and slightly slower, we love it. Sometimes we need ideas or a little direction, sometimes all we need is a reminder; we forget how much we joy we receive from the simple things in life.

So, inspired by readers, by my time in France, and by the Weekend Meditation that is posted every Sunday on The Kitchn, I'm launching a new series: "Week-end Simple." Every weekend I'll post an idea to try at home to help us slow down, focus on the the small and simple, and to make life a little lovelier.

7 comments:

  1. Great idea! I've just started going into the office a few days a week, after nearly 14 years of freelancing at home while my son was young -- so now weekends are really becoming my time to relax. Looking forward to your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Annecychic:
    I've been a reader of your blog since day one and the one post that always stays fresh in my mind is of your two nephews in France making fruit tarts. So adorable!! I would love to see more of your personal pictures from France. Otherwise, thank you for sharing your knowledge of all things French and I have enjoyed your blog over the past year.
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deborah, oh my gosh, you've been a reader from day one? I'm flattered, and so happy you commented! I'll have to sort through my France photos to see if there are any worth posting. Merci!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marsi, as always, thanks for the comment. I think the new feature will be fun and I already have a nice long list of ideas. We'll see how it goes . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annecychic,
    Looking forward to this series. What a nice way to wrap up the weekends. Seems like everyone likes a taste of simplicity in a harried fast-paced world:)
    Btw, I just received the lettuce seeds and I can't wait to plant them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A,
    Also received the lettuce seeds, thanks so much again!. Also, that sounds like a great series and I look forward to reading it.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete