Monday, February 8, 2010

1 Sweater, 5 Ways: Monday

We all have a few items in our closet that we find ourselves wearing all the time. For me, one of them is my black turtleneck sweater with kimono sleeves. The other is my oversize grey sweater. Because of the t-neck, I wear the black sweater a lot in the winter, and the grey one in the fall.

But this week, I'll be wearing my grey sweater everyday, for the "1 Sweater, 5 Ways" series that Kristi at La Bella Figura and I are doing. I hope you don't mind, but I don't have the nerve to post pics of myself, so I'm using Polyvore to post my outfits.

(For those not familiar with Polyvore, it's a web application that allows the user to create virtual sets , or collages, of items found on the web. To create my outfits, I browse items until I find the exact item I have in my closet--like my Frye boots--or an item that is a good match--like these black boots. Not as authentic as Kristi's photos, to be sure, but you'll get the idea.)

Monday

So here's today's pick: an Old Navy black cotton sleeveless t-shirt over my favorite Gap jeans, consignment black boots, a favorite necklace, and of course, my grey sweater. And I added lipstick and fragrance because I don't feel dressed without them, even at home on a snow day.

10 comments:

  1. I like this look. Polyvore is great for showing the details of an entire outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look...so you! I have yet to take off my pajamas and gym clothes since Friday, so power to you for actually getting dressed on these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cin, you need to get out of those PJs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie, have you used Polyvore? I love the application and am wondering if/how others use it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you really wearing lipstick right now? I've been proud of myself for changing my sweats each day. And I've been sporting swiss miss girl braids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leigh, when I got dressed this morning, yes, I put on lipstick. Impressive for a snow day, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those boots are perfect for that outfit! Very nice choice. Hooray for you, trying something new. That shade of lipstick compliments perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this idea, I have got to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, I showered, changed, and ventured out already today. I've been to Club Teeter and CVS. I am now going to head to B&N since I've finished all of the books I thought this storm would require.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dreaming of warmer climes by wearing a green tea perfume, I wonder??

    SO jealous of your blizzard. So jealous.

    ReplyDelete