Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Arrogant Frog Ribet White

Do the French even make bad wine or have I just been lucky?

This evening's dinner, from Deborah Madison's The Greens Cookbook, was a pappardelle pasta tossed with pine nuts, shallots, zucchini, herbs, capers, chopped sun dried tomatoes, and lemon. Not strong flavors, but this dish needed to be paired with a wine that could stand up to the bite of the capers and the richness of the sun dried tomatoes without overwhelming.

I wanted a white, so I opened the bottle of Arrogant Frog Ribet White that I received as a hostess gift over the holidays. Technically, this wine probably doesn't qualify for this week's challenge; I'm not sure the price would meet my $10 limit.

But it didn't matter; I would gladly pay more for this great wine. Not fruity, not too dry, a perfect complement to a light pasta dish.

Besides, who could resist that arrogant frog?

2 comments:

  1. Glad the wine stood the test. Wish I could get a poster for that frog, LOVE IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I like the illustration. That would be fun framed.

    ReplyDelete