Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My brocante bundle

Readers know that one of my favorite blogs is Corey Amaro's Tongue in Cheek. Those of you who have visited Corey's blog are familiar with her children Sacha and Chelsea, her friend Annie, her extended family, and of course, French husband. Corey also has an ongoing love affair with the brocante, the French antique fairs and markets, and over the years her collection has grown.

If you're a regular visitor to Tongue in Cheek you know that Corey now has an online shop, Tongue in Cheek Antiques, where she is selling some of the pieces she's collected over the years. If you haven't visited her online shop, you owe yourself a visit.

One of Corey's first offerings was a brocante bundle, a collection of ephemera--letters, receipts, sheet music, photographs, pages from antique books. These items were thoughtfully bundled and mailed, but without the recipient knowing exactly what was inside.

I received my surprise bundle a few weeks ago and have been going through it ever since. My favorites are the letters and receipts from wine proprietors with their distinctive letterheads--Louis Huc, Vacassy Freres, Louis Tempier--dating from the early 1900s. These fragile, faded pages are written in such beautiful ecriture and are lovely to look at (you can click on the above pic for a closer look). My plan for these delicate treasures is to have them professionally framed and hang them as a group in my dining room.

Thank you Corey for bringing a bit of France into my home. I love my brocante bundle!

2 comments:

  1. What a find! These are going to look great framed. It's so original and it will bring a smile to your face every time you see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are going to frame them. I loved those wine letters! Framed will do them justice!

    Enjoy and thank you for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete