Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgving, à la française

Like many of you, I am elbow deep in preparation for Thanksgiving. But no complaints here; Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, an authentic celebration of family, friends, and food.

We all have our traditions, our particular way of preparing everything from sweet potatoes to the pumpkin pie, oui? That's why I couldn't resist posting this link to a story about how one French chef has put her own twist on Thanksgiving.

Food Network fans will be familiar with Dominique Crenn, and everyone will be amused by her French twist on this revered American holiday.

Wishing everyone, everywhere a peaceful, joyful Thanksgiving.

5 comments:

  1. Yummm! After reading the description of how she prepares her Thanksgiving Turkey my mouth is watering... its nearly time for me to think about preparing dinner here (just gone 6pm in Oz) and I am now v. hungry!! Lovely.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I miss Thanksgiving. For a few years I tried to reproduce it here and a couple of times we met friends for the special Thanksgiving la-dee-da soiree at the Hotel Plaza Athenee -- quite fun, but not quite the real thing.

    I still think about it though. I hope yours is wonderful in every way. I'm sure it will be delicious.

    I'm soooo, so glad you're back with us.

    Tishx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving A!
    Did you add any Italian touches to your feast? I didn't, but my Italian aunties were having amaretto cookies, biscott, etc. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ~Andrea~

    ReplyDelete