Sunday, November 22, 2009

Amuse bouche

Thanksgiving is not celebrated in France, but that doesn't mean I can't bring a touch of France to my holiday table. This year, France will arrive as a lovely amuse bouche.

Traditionally a single-bite hors d'oeuvre, the amuse bouche is a lovely way to begin a meal. My amuse bouche will be a velvety smooth cream of carrot soup with tiny curry croutons. I'll serve the soup in small juice glasses, but it could also be served in small teacups, or cocktail glasses.

How much soup will I serve? About as much as pictured here, just enough for three or four tastes. The soup will not be served at the table, but rather I'll carry glasses to my guests, with a small soup spoon, an invitation to come to the table and begin the holiday meal.

We'll see if my guests are amused . . .

6 comments:

  1. Hooray, hooray - you are back!!
    These looks delish - I would definitely be amused and delighted if I was served this delicacy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea and a perfect small bite to start the meal. I'm so happy you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love that expression?

    I'm so glad you're back. You have truly been missed.

    Have a lovely Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like fun! Let us know how your guests react.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you! I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that I hope you'll share more about your trip to France this summer. Your amuse bouche sounds perfect. I hope it it a hit, and that you have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete