Saturday, October 3, 2009

Qu'ai-je acheter?

Even though I shop almost daily, I create meals around what is on special, what is in season, what is one sale; shopping at my neighborhood chain would be no different. So, what did I buy at my local Safeway?

I decided to take advantage of the following circular specials:

1 package of Safeway brand Italian sausages @ $2.99 per package
3 pounds of chicken thighs, skin on @ $2.99 per pound
2 pounds of boneless pork chops @ $3.99 per pound
1 box of Safeway brand penne pasta @ $1.00 per box
1 box of Safeway brand linguine pasta @ $1.00 per box
1 acorn squash @ $.99 per pound
1 eggplant @$1.79 each
1 pound of green asparagus @ $2.99 per pound
4 pounds of vine ripened tomatoes @ $.99 per pound
1 bag of yellow onions @ $2.99
1 jar of Bertolli pasta sauce @ $2.50 per jar
2 Honey Crsip apples @ 2.49 per pound
2 pounds of red grapes @ $3.99

How much did I spend? $43.31, which left me just enough to buy bread for the week. Knowing what I had at home in my pantry and fridge--eggs, cheese, butter, olive oil, chicken broth, rice, garlic, flour, white and brown sugar, wine--I was confident I could create seven delicious dinners (with leftovers for lunch!)

Next post: Que vais-je cuisiner?

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a week of pure gastronomic delight!! Have fun cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is in realіtу a niсe anԁ helpful pieсе of information.
    Ӏ am happy thаt yοu just shared thiѕ helpful іnformаtiοn ωith us.
    Pleаsе κеep uѕ up tο
    date likе thіѕ. Thanks for sharing.


    Τake a look аt mу website ... Blu e cig

    ReplyDelete
  3. com offers first class standards of China wholesale product sourcing, payment, tracking and delivery services close to 3 million buyers from over 230 countries, DHgate.
    If I finally obtain the item, I don't care the delivering time.
    6" AC Powered Metal 3-Blade Cooling Fan - Blue (220V).

    Also visit my homepage: aliexpress é
    seguro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did not thought about this until now :)Yacon Syrup Extract suppresses the pancreatic from breaking up down starch into
    maltose and dextrin. It also puts a stop to the generation of alpha-amylase nutrients in the
    body system. Health professionals usually encourage this to their customers who are diabetics
    because the Yacon Syrup stops the development of alpha-glucosidase established in the intestines from
    remodeling disaccharides and starches into sugar.
    Yacon Syrup benefits also helps prevent glucose and carbohydrates from
    transforming into undesired excess fat by ending the generation of citrate lyase.
    Some medical professionals use Garcinia as a laxative to help with obstipation or other overall health reasons such as fat reduction, stress reliever, sadness, mood swings and as a help to acquiring a good night sleep.


    Also visit my page: yacon molasses []

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello mates, its fantastic piece of writing concerning teachingand fully defined, keep it
    up all the time.

    My web site The Fly Reel Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I am so grateful I found your site, I really found you
    by error, while I was searching on Google for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just
    like to say thanks for a tremendous post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to browse
    it all at the moment but I have book-marked
    it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to
    read much more, Please do keep up the fantastic
    jo.

    Also visit my web blog; http://www.wandofarm.com/xe/Index.php?mid=diary&Document_srl=226443

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
    Nonetheless, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll be book-marking and checking back
    often!

    Feel free to surf to my page ... keraplex bio

    ReplyDelete
  8. The finance enterprise should keep you informed in the status throughout the process
    and be responsible for collecting any down payments, titles and necessary paperwork for
    a smooth transaction. When you can show that you are confident that
    it is possible to make money using the vehicle, the lender will probably be additional comfortable to provide you
    with all the financing you require.

    Feel free to visit my page: semi trucks depreciation rate

    ReplyDelete