Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Medaglia D'Oro

On Monday I wrote about the French citron pressé, but reading a recent post on La Bella Figura reminded me of another favorite summer drink, iced coffee. As I've said before, when it comes to coffee, I turn to the Italians, and iced coffee is no exception.

My Moka Express makes one cup of espresso, so unless I want to brew another pot, there's none left if I want an iced coffee later in the day. But it doesn't matter because I have instant espresso.

I first bought Medaglia D'oro Instant Espresso Coffee for baking, but then discovered it's true raison d'etre: iced coffee. Put a teaspoon of this fine, dark powder in a tall glass, add enough boiling water to dissolve, and a few ice cubes. Then, add cold water--and milk or sugar, if you choose--and stir for a delicious iced coffee drink.

If you're a coffee person, you've probably seen Medaglia D'Oro products on your grocer's shelf. The familiar red, white, and green can with the bright yellow lettering that reads "caffe espresso" sets itself apart from the American brands.

But being the coffee person that you are, you might never see the tiny jar of instant espresso because it's probably tucked in behind the instant coffee. Actually, I buy mine at Target; they always have it on the shelf, and priced at $3.99 it's less expensive than at the grocer or specialty stores.

So even if you are a coffee aficionado, consider giving this instant espresso a try--you might be surprised. And if not, you can use it to make some great mocha brownies.

12 comments:

  1. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be really something which
    I think I would never understand. It seems too complex and extremely
    broad for me. I'm looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

    Here is my blog post ... http://greencoffeeoptimums.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's up to every body, it's my first go to see of this weblog; this
    weblog consists of awesome and actually excellent material designed for readers.


    Feel free to surf to my blog: Slim Green Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your
    site, how could i subscribe for a blog site?
    The account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of
    this your broadcast provided bright clear idea

    Here is my homepage: Coffee Pure Cleanse Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm is anyone else experiencing problems with
    the pictures on this blog loading? I'm trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if it's the
    blog. Any feed-back would be greatly appreciated.



    Also visit my web blog; best Wrinkle Cream

    ReplyDelete
  5. Appreciate the recommendation. Will try it out.


    Here is my web blog; no2 maximus reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. This article is actually a good one it helps new internet
    people, who are wishing in favor of blogging.

    my web site; Coffee Pure Cleanse Reviews (coffeepurecleansereview.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ƭhese աeight plates can be stacked to create massive amounts of weight.
    However, if you are lactose intolerant then whey may not be the suitable protein for your body.
    It's impossible to gaіn muscle without an adequate amount of сaloriе consumption.

    Also visit my website turbulence training download 2014

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to to thank you for this very good read!! I absolutely enjoyed every bit of it.

    I have got you book-marked to check out new stuff you post…

    Here is my homepage :: dui criminal attorney

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll right away snatch your rss feed as I can't find your e-mail subscription link or newsletter service.
    Do you've any? Please permit me understand in order that I may subscribe.
    Thanks.

    My page ... business phones service New York City

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great article! We are linking to this great article on our site.
    Keep up the great writing.

    my website; real estate career

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely warm Parka in pink, black, red or blue with a good fur border is
    the perfect way for your pup to keep warm. paws and cause excessive
    bleeding and may require a trip to the veterinarian to.
    You can actually stop to think of this piece of
    small dog clothes as your dog's jewelry.

    Feel free to visit my blog stress in the workplace,is stress at work a disability,causes of stress at a work place,can stress at work cause a miscarriage,stress at work absence,stress at work leave of absence,stress about work,stress about work quotes,stress about work politics,stress related work absence statistics,stress and work ability in oil industry workers,jokes about stress at work,facts about stress at work,songs about stress at work,stress at work acas,stress at work act,stress at work activities,stress at work act 1974,stress at work action plan,stress relievers at work activities,stress at work stomach ache,stress related work accidents,acas stress at work booklet,acute stress at work,stress at work advice,stress at work legal advice,acas stress at work advisory booklet,addressing stress at work,advantages of stress at work,acas advice leaflet stress at work,citizens advice bureau stress at work,stress at work affecting home life,stress at work affecting relationship,stress at work affecting health,stress at work affecting home,stress at work affects marriage,stress at work affecting pregnancy,how stress at work affects your health,how does stress at work affect performance,stress affecting work performance,stress after work,stress at work compromise agreement,stress in life and at work rita agrawal,stress leave at work alberta,alleviating stress at work

    ReplyDelete