Thursday, July 23, 2009

Á bientôt

Earlier this week a post on the FC group linked to Laure Joliet's "8 Things I Learned on Vacation in France," posted on Apartment Therapy. I want to thank rougechatvelo of the FC group for providing the link, and thank Laure Joliet for writing the post. It's a great post to read as I depart for France.

Joliet's lessons are the same lessons I learn--and learn again--when I spend time in France. Savor the moment, simple is beautiful, embrace the seasons are mantras that I try to live by, but they can easily slip away if I'm not reminded. I found humor in Joliet's observations "keep things clean" and "don't be afraid to make a mess"--and her reminder to "set the table!"

I will miss blogging when I'm in France, but as Joliet reminds me, it is important to savor the moment. So, I will savor the time with my family who I see only once a year--my sister, her husband, and my nephews--and the friends I have made over the years. I look forward to many delightful al fresco dinners, drinking many bottles of wine, eating lots of bread, and, practicing my French.

I loved Joliet's post and will keep it in mind as I make my own list over the next few weeks of things I learned on vacation in France.

Á bientôt!

8 comments:

  1. I'll miss your writing, but look forward to reading your list when you get back. Have a fantastic time!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you completely- that sounds like the right way to me. Someday maybe I will be able to make the same decision :)
    Bon Voyage! Looking forward to your return with lots of goodies for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bon voyage! I hope you have a wonderful time and am already looking forward to hearing all about it next month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will miss reading your blog while you are gone, but I know you will bring us back beautiful reminders of living a full life. Time away is such a wonderful thing, especially time with family. Enjoy your time of renewal! I will look forward to your return.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great time!! I can't wait to hear about your trip when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is lovely. I keep coming over to see what you're up to, but never leave a message. Don't know why. . .

    Have a wonderful time here. I look forward to reading fresh insights into my beloved France. Are you going to Paris? Yes those eight rules are golden and curiously easy to live by once one decides not to worry about unimportant details and focus on what counts in this life.

    P.S.: Is it me or do you not have a profile on your blog? I want to know more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh la la... I hope you are having a GREAT time!!! ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete