Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Artist Shann Spishak on Etsy

I love to browse Etsy, especially for original art. On Etsy, original art is very affordable and over the years I've been able to purchase several small paintings. This morning I was browsing and discovered an artist new to me, Shann Spishak.

Inspired by European art and interiors, this artist has created beautiful paintings. I love her still lifes, but she also paints interiors which I know will appeal to some of my readers. This painting titled "Sweet Lavender" depicts a rustic French country interior and is from her European Interiors series.

Spishak's paintings on Etsy range in price from $48 for smaller pieces, to larger pieces which are priced appropriately. Her painting, "Moment with Monet" is featured in the August 2009 issue of Romantic Homes magazine and she writes about it on her blog.

I know some of you do collect original art and are fans of Etsy. If you visit Shann's site, I'd love to hear what you think about her work and if you enjoy it as much as I do.

8 comments:

  1. Her work is gorgeous, I added her to my Etsy favorite list. Perhaps one day I will purchase a piece. I especially love "Kitten Heels". It is my goal to one day replace all the framed poster prints in my home with original artwork. It is a very slow process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the touch of whimsy in some of the paintings, like in "Kitten Heels." And her palette is beautiful--those colors!

    I know what you mean about adding original artwork; it can be expensive. But I have found some beautiful paintings on Etsy, and I don't think I've paid more than $40 for any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Original artwork, when it speaks to you, is timeless. I really like her work. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. S, when I saw the paintings with the Bergere chairs, I thought of you. Not sure why, but I think it must be the Marie Antoinette-ish connection!

    ReplyDelete