Friday, June 5, 2009

Une belle jeune femme

I have to confess that there are two fashion blogs that I visit several times a week: Garance Doré, and Scott Schuman's The Sartorialist. What I love about these blogs is that they are the opposite of high fashion magazines; both blogs feature real people in real cities wearing real clothes (as opposed to top models on runways wearing high fashion). I get so many ideas from their photos, and it's inspiring to see how women all over the world put together clothing to achieve a style that is their own.

On Wednesday, Garance posted about a young woman, Tracy Rosenbaum. The post is lovely--you can tell how much Garance admires this young woman. But it is the photograph of Tracy that really caught my attention: I am certain she is not French, but she looks like she could be. Does that make sense?

You'll have to take a look and let me know if you agree.

Bonne weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I really like both of these blogs. They provide endless inspiration and the photography is amazing. Tracy looks like she's got great style and it really goes along with her look.

    I wanted to let you know that I ended up ordering the french market basket you recommended from quel objet and I used it today at the farmers market. It's fantastic! I like how it looks so much that I'm keeping it out in my living room to store books and magazines I'm reading. I wanted to thank you for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Sartorialist. I always follow Face Hunter as well, I beleive he is the French version of Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie, I'm thrilled to hear about the basket! Wow. And I love that you use it for more than shopping. I love my market basket as well, and when I'm not using it has a place in my foyer.

    YSLGuy, I will check out FaceHunter--can't wait to see what I find.

    ReplyDelete