Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Spring cleaning

Actually, it's late for spring cleaning, but the seasons have changed and it seems everyone is cleaning and purging, paring down closets and drawers in anticipation of the the sweet summer life. Summer is much more fun when we don't have all that clutter nagging us.

If you're Kristi of La Bella Figura, you've organized your closet and inspired others to do the same. If you're David Lebovitz, you've gone straight to that drawer in your kitchen that holds all those kitchen gadgets you thought you'd love, but never use.

Moi? Reading these posts I realize I have lots of work ahead of me!

6 comments:

  1. I am moving into a slightly smaller apartment, so I have to get rid of some things. Today is the day to start purging a lot of my unwanted books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annecychic, I think someone from FC once wrote about The Dan Ho show and his theory on kitchen gadgets and the "one trick pony" -- he doesn't keep any gadget that only has one use, for instance a garlic press. I've completely adopted his philosophy, which was really necessary in my very small kitchen. I even use clean wine bottles to roll out dough instead of a rolling pin. Let us know how your "simplification" project turns out.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour! I read your comment on Kristi's blog about "Simple Isn't Easy." Yes, it's a great book and worth reading. I wanted to offer you my copy, if you'd like it. I've read it several times and would be happy to shuffle it your way. Let me know!

    Anyway, decluttering: count me in on the movement. My closet is neat as a pin now and every item a keeper. David's gadget drawer inspired me though. Mine is a disaster and really needs to be pared down.

    And then there is the kitchen junk drawer ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristi, like you, I'll probably do a series on purging my closet, though I'm not sure I'm brave enough to post a pic of my closet for all to see!!

    Marsi, I would like to take you up on the offer to borrow "Simple Isn't Easy." I'll email you my address. Thanks much.

    YSLGuy, moving to a smaller space is the perfect time to pare down one's belongings. Have you visited Apartment Therapy to check out the amazing designs people create with small spaces?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh please do! I'd love to read the series. I was a little intimidated to post the picture as well!
    K

    ReplyDelete