Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Seeking guest writers

A few weeks ago, a reader suggested I do a series on the European way of living chicly, but frugally. I agreed it’s a timely idea, but told her I wasn’t sure I had enough to write a series. It was then that I got the idea to invite guest posts.

I know some of my readers have their own blogs that I visit regularly. However, many readers who comment do not maintain a blog, but they have great ideas to share. So, I’d like to extend an invitation to all interested readers do a guest post on My French Corner.

Here’s the topic: How can we, as Americans, adopt a more frugal Euro-French lifestyle?

We all have this fascination with the French way of life, but know that it isn’t all Hermés and Chanel, oui? In fact, the French are careful with their money and appreciate quality whether it’s food or fashion. The choice is simply quality over quantity. The result seems to be a simpler yet richer lifestyle.

Many of us are trying it out; are you? If so, would you be willing to share your chic frugal ideas? (Cynthia, Kristi, Marsi, I know you're out there . . . )

The only rule is that the suggestion must employ the Euro-French ideal of quality, while still being practical and affordable.

You can send me your post at annecychic@gmail.com. I’m hoping to run the series beginning the week of May 17, so that will give you time to get your thoughts down on virtual paper.

I’m looking forward to hearing from you and reading YOUR post!

5 comments:

  1. Anne,
    I will try to do so. Living the Euro/frugal livestyle is a basic tenant of
    my blog and of course I've attempted to write on the subject. Guest posts is a great idea!
    Right now very swamped with work and school so I hope I can get some decent ideas strung toether to send to you.
    merci,
    La

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be interested in reading these posts. My new simple life is a work in progress and I am always looking for new thoughts and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have emailed you a reply!
    could not resist,
    La

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne,
    I hope you take this as a compliment, but as I began writing my guest post, I realized I have been so inspired by your blog (and missing Eurochic's so much) that I am resuming blogging myself. I have already touched on Frugal Chic on my blog and will probably revisit it. Please keep up your wonderful inspiring blog and feel free to visit mine.
    Kristi
    wwww.labellafigura.net

    ReplyDelete