Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Guest posts

Last week I posed the question "How can we, as Americans, adopt a more frugal Euro-French lifestyle?" Many readers are successfully doing this, so I solicited guest posts on the topic.

I've received several posts from readers I never knew I had--merci beaucoup! Their writing covers a range of ideas, and beginning Sunday, May 17 I'll begin posting their suggestions.

Do you have a practical, affordable way to employ the Euro-French ideal of quality? Would you like to share your ideas on this topic? If yes, please email me at annecychic@gmail.com with your post. Please let me know if you would like your post edited, and, if you prefer to remain anonymous.

I look forward to reading your post!

10 comments:

  1. The best inspiration I ever got on this topic was from Marline on the FC boards. I copied and pasted her words to my computer so I could read them over and over again. I wonder if she would contribute to this? She writes so beautifully. Great topic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have Marline contribute. Or, maybe she would give you permission to share her words . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Marline would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how to contact her really. But all of her regime fric writing is in the files section on the FC site. I wish she would start a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is off topic but i have to say thanks SO much for the beautiful tea towel. I'm terrified of using it because I don't want it to get wrecked! Do you use yours? Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carolyn, you have to use it! I agree, they are pretty, but all the more reason to use it. It's important that even our ordinary, everyday things be beautiful, non?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stephanie, I looked through the FC files but couldn't find the post/s you mentioned. Could you send me a link or tell me the title of the post?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's under "Frugal a la Francaise / Regime Fric". On my computer, it redirects me too many times to open the file. I previously had to ask someone on the boards to open the file, copy and paste it to a message on the boards so I could read it. I know the entire series is posted on the message boards but it would go back pretty far. A search may be needed. I'll try to find it through a search this weekend when I have more time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, I found the following messages on the FC site for reference.
    12492
    12760
    12953
    12911
    12910
    12906
    13365
    13349
    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A method of financing a van instead of buying it outright.

    This will help you as you begin to compare the New York lease options
    from different dealerships. Automoblie leases are a drug for status-conscious people who require the rush of driving a 'better' car than they can really afford.


    My homepage ... Cheap Volkswagen deals

    ReplyDelete