Saturday, April 18, 2009

Le printemps

Holdiay is over and I'm ready to get back into the routines at work and home. I'm also happy to be writing again. I've thought a lot about topics for the next few weeks, and decided to write about grocery shopping, the French way. It's a good topic for the spring, I think, as all the vendors are returning to the farmer's market, many of us are thinking about seasonal menu changes, and some of us are even thinking about planting gardens.

So, for the next week I’m planning a series of posts with ideas on how one might adopt a different way of shopping for and preparing meals. I'll share how I plan my meals for the week (I don't) and you give you a virtual peek into my pantry and my fridge by providing a list of staples. And, I will let you know what I put in my market basket and talk about preparing the evening meals (and maybe a few breakfasts and lunches!)

I'm not an expert on this topic; I only speak from my experience. But I can talk about the changes in habit that I've made over the years. This is not a plan to follow, but rather posts to let you know that even busy American women who have jobs, families, and commitments are able to make small changes that can make a big difference .

5 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to your posts this week. Hope your holiday was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to writing this week's posts. I'd planned to post something on this topic and was further inspired by your "one perfect tomato" post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be tuning in to read this series of posts. It sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great subject to embark on. I've been thinking about this a lot lately as well. Along with being very European, shopping for your produce two to three times a week is supposed to be much healthier because that way you can use your produce as close to purchase as possible. My goal this summer is to shop 2-3 times a week, buying smaller amounts each time, instead of one weekly huge trip. I will use my French market basket at the store and farmer's markets ...
    Kristi from FC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, we both posted (with photos) about our French market baskets at just about the same time! Great minds....etc.
    Looking forward to your 'series'.
    La
    parisonthecuyahoga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete