Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tissage Moutet

I don't remember when I discovered Moutet textiles, but it was love at first sight. It was the vivid colors that first attracted me, but it was the tea towels that have kept me going back.

Moutet is a bit like the Hermés of tea towels; each one is a work of art. And like Hermés scarves, some people actually do frame these beautiful, practical torchons. They are collectible, and each season Moutet introduces several new designs. The designs are the creations of some of the world's most talented textile designers: Hélène Druvert, Zofia Rostad, Marion Levy, Véronique Georgelin.

I buy a few every year when I go to France--some to keep, some to give as gifts. I never worry if they will match the kitchen décor--they seem to go with everything. I especially love the ones with text, but the graphics are just as beautiful.

Has this piqued your interest? Check back tomorrow for a giveaway!

2 comments:

  1. Oui, my interest is piqued! Love their towels; the patterns and color combinations are so inspired. I had no idea they commissioned designs and are so collectible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing to add to my Paris shopping list. Thank you for this post, I love using colorful tea towels in my white kitchen.

    ReplyDelete