Saturday, March 14, 2009

Bonjour!

For months I've been following bloggers who write about things French--decorating, food, fashion and style. There are many good ones--I have my favorites--but none seem to have exactly what I am looking for, so I decided to create my own.

I am American but have the good fortune to spend some of my summer in France. For several years now, I have spent that time in Annecy. About 45 minutes from Geneva, Annecy is a lovely city in the Haute Savoie region of France. I discovered Annecy through my sister; she and her French husband bought a home in one of the villages that circle Lac de Annecy. This is where we gather each summer, a celebration of family and friends.

Over the years, I have adopted some French habits that have become part of the way I live in the US. These are small things that influence the way I buy and prepare food, the way I shop for and wear clothes, and the way I keep my house.

If you are looking for a site on how to create a French minimalist wardrobe or redecorate your house to resemble a Parisian apartment, you won't find that here. There are wonderful sites that touch on those topics; I leave that to others who are more talented and have more vision.

What you will find here are ways to introduce small but authentic French touches into your life. These additions are simple, inexpensive, and most important, compatible with the way we live in our own country. Since there seems to be interest, I thought might share my France experience with others.

I hope you enjoy it, and I invite your comments.

8 comments:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog through the french chic group. I'm excited to read it as I love all things French too. Congratulations on your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you! I appreciate your comment and hope you will find topics of interest. Please visit often, feel free to make suggestions, and leave a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How happy I am to have found your blog! While I've not had the fortune of visiting France, I do seek as much information about it as I can. I will be visiting your site as often as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merci! Yes, please visit often and thank you so much for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog through the French Chic group and I'm looking forward to reading it through from the beginning.

    ReplyDelete